Florida Blue has announced two offerings for their fully-insured groups:
- Employers on non-grandfathered/grandmothered plans may offer a new lower cost plan to their employees off anniversary date, unless the group already has the maximum number of plans.
- Employers may choose to add the plans between June 1st and July 31st.
- Employees would be able to keep the plan they have, or move to the new plan.
- For employers on grandfathered/grandmothered plans, or those that already have the maximum number of plans, FL Blue will allow employees to move to a lower cost plan during this time period.
Special Enrollment Period:
- For a group’s employees that previously refused coverage at the last open enrollment, FL Blue will allow them to join the plan at the discretion of the employer.
- The timing of this special enrollment period is from June 1st through July 31st.
- The “enrollment reason” would beCOVID 19-Enrollment.
If you would like to consider adding a new plan off-cycle, please let us know and we will help make the arrangements.